Canola Oil is really industrial lubricant used by small industry. It has never been meant for human consumption. Who knew….
What you don’t know about Canola oil and Soy oil is killing you
What you need to know:
The picture above is of rapeseeds. When crushed, these seeds produce canola oil.
Here are some more interesting facts:
1. Rapeseed is a bright yellow flowering plant from the Brassicaceae family which includes mustard and cabbage. The seeds grow about 20 to a pod, and are a fourth of the size of peas.
2. The plant has gone extensive breeding in the past 150 years. Originally it was very acidic and bitter tasting, and served as a machine lubricant in the 19th century.
3. Canada is where the transformation took place, and where huge tracts of land are utilized to cultivate rapeseed
4. Rapeseed or should I say Rape is the most toxic of all food oil plants. Like soy, rape is a weed. Insects won’t eat it; it is deadly poisonous. Rapeseed oil is 100 times more toxic than soy oil.4. Convincing consumers to start cooking with a machine lubricant was not a simple task. A new name was devised – “Canadian Oil” or shorthand – “Canola”.
5. Today Canola is the #3 vegetable oil globally, after soybean and palm oils.
6. With only 7% saturated fat and omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids in a ratio of 2:1, canola is considered a heart healthy oil.
7. Similar to olive oil, “cold press” extraction is more expensive but yields the purest flavor and maintains the original nutrients. This process uses no chemicals and the oils is heated only up to about 150 degrees. Unfortunately most canola oil sold in supermarkets is not cold pressed.
8. is an industrial oil which does not belong in the body.
9. is a semi-drying oil used as a lubricant, fuel, soap, synthetic rubber base.
10. Rape (Canola) oil causes emphysema, respiratory distress, anemia, constipation, irritability and blindness in animals and humans. .. Is also the source of the infamous chemical warfare agent, mustard gas, which was banned after blistering belongs and skin of hundred of thousands of soldiers and civilians during World War I.
11. A medical study on ABC news broadcast in 1994 showed a definite link between or Canola/soy oils and the development of prostate cancer in men.
12. Canola/soy contain organic alcohols which depress the immune system by causing T-cells to go into a stupor (get drunk?) and fall asleep on the job. Alcohols and canola or extremely “pure”, far from toxic than hard liquors.
13. Canada paid the FDA the sum of $50 million to have rape registered and recognized as “safe”. (Source: Young Again and others)
But Wait, here’s more……
Olive oil comes from olives, peanut oil from peanuts, sunflower oil from sunflowers; but what is a canola?
Canola is not the name of a natural plant but a made-up word, from the words “CANadian Oil Low Acid”. Canola is a genetically engineered plant developed in Canada from the Rapeseed Plant, which is part of the mustard family of plants. According to AgriAlternatives, The Online Innovation, and Technology Magazine for Farmers, “By nature, these rapeseed oils, which have long been used to produce oils for industrial purposes, are… toxic to humans and other animals”.
Rapeseed oil is poisonous to living things and is an excellent insect repellent. I have been using it (in very diluted form, as per instructions) to kill the aphids on my roses for the last two years. It works very well; it suffocates them. Ask for it at your nursery. Rape is an oil that is used as a lubricant, fuel, soap and synthetic rubber base and as a illuminate for color pages in magazines. It is an industrial oil.
It is not a food.
Rape oil is strongly related to symptoms of emphysema, respiratory distress, anemia, constipation, irritability, and blindness in animals and humans. Rape oil was widely used in animal feeds in England and Europe between 1986 and 1991, when it was discontinued.
A few relevant facts
It is genetically engineered rapeseed.
Canada paid the FDA the sum of $50 million to have rape registered and recognized as “safe”. (Source: Young Again and others)
Rapeseed is a lubricating oil used by small industry. It has never been meant for human consumption.
It is derived from the mustard family and is considered a toxic and poisonous weed, which when processed, becomes rancid very quickly.
It has been shown to cause lung cancer (Wall Street Journal: 6/7/95)
It is very inexpensive to grow and harvest. Insects won’t eat it.
Some typical and possible side effects include loss of vision, disruption of the central nervous system, respiratory illness, anemia, constipation, increased incidence of heart disease and cancer, low birth weights in infants and irritability.
Generally rapeseed has a cumulative effect, taking almost 10 years before symptoms begin to manifest. It has a tendency to inhibit proper metabolism of foods and prohibits normal enzyme function. Canola contains Trans Fatty Acids. Trans fatty acids have been shown to have a direct link to cancer. shown to have a direct link to cancer.
Foods (including oils) are often labeled as containing trans fatty acids. However any food which says it contains hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils contains trans fatty acids: Hydrogenation is just the process in which
trans fats are formed (literally hydrogenation means adding hydrogen). These Trans Fatty acids are labeled as hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils. Avoid all of them!
According to John Thomas’ book, Young Again, 12 years ago in England and Europe, rape seed was fed to cows, pigs and sheep who later went blind and began attacking people. There were no further attacks after the rape seed was eliminated from their diet. Source: David Dancu, N.D.
Apparently peanut oil is being replaced with rape oil. You’ll find it in an alarming number of processed foods. I read where rape oil was the source of the chemical warfare agent mustard gas, which was banned after blistering the lungs and skins of hundred of thousands of soldiers and civilians during W.W.I. Recent French reports indicate that it was again in use during the Gulf War.
Check products for ingredients. If the label says, “may contain the following” and lists canola oil, you know it contains canola oil because it is the cheapest oil and the Canadian government subsidizes it to industries involved in food processing.
Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) is a rare fatal degenerative disease caused by in a build up long-chain fatty acids (c22 to c28) which destroys the myelin (protective sheath) of the nerves. Canola oil is a very long chain fatty acid oil (c22). Those who will defend canola oil say that the Chinese and Indians have used it for centuries with no effect, however it was in an unrefined form.*
(* taken from FATS THAT HEAL AND FATS THAT KILL by Udo Erasmus.)
I read about a man who bred birds, always checking labels to insure there was no rape seed in their food. He said, “The birds will eat it, but they do not live very long.” A friend, who worked for only 9 mo. as a quality control taster at an apple-chip factory where Canola oil was used exclusively for frying, developed numerous health problems.
Rape seed oil used for stir-frying in China found to emit cancer-causing chemicals. (Rapeseed oil smoke causes lung cancer.) Amal Kumar Maj. The Wall Street Journal, June 7, 1995 pB6(W) pB6 (E) col 1(11 col in). Compiled by Darleen Bradley.
Canola Oil in pesticides. The Health Ranger reveals how the No. 1 ingredient in a pesticide product is actually canola oil, and describes the warnings on the product which include that you should never get the oil on your skin or clothing. Soybean oil is also discussed as a key ingredient in another pesticide product.
So what are your better choices.
1. Olive Oil
2. Avocado oil
3. Sesame seed oil
Have a healthy and wealthy day!!!!